Alwan and Caldera Multicolor Proofing System
Alwan-Caldera Multicolor Proofing System
What is Alwan-Caldera Multicolor Proofing System?
Multicolor printing – also known as HiFi and ECG (Extended Color Gamut) – has been developed to print spot colors on printing systems by using extended gamut process inks instead of spot inks (Pantone®).
The muticolor separation – usually CMYKOGV – generated by color management software such as Alwan ColorHub is able to simulate more than 85% of Pantone® swatchbook on a multicolor conventional press within a ∆E00 of 2.
In order to print a job, prepress departments and press minders need a hardproof that visually matches the printing process output.
Alwan-Caldera Multicolor Proofing System has been designed by Alwan for the purpose of producing ISO 12647-7:2016 compliant contract proofs.
What makes Alwan-Caldera Multicolor Proofing System unique is the easiness of use and maintenance.
A single Alwan Hydra® profiling chart is used throughout the whole process; that is, to profile both your proofer and your production press.
Therefore, every time that you have a new printing condition – such as a new paper, a new set of inks, etc. – Alwan’s Hydra® Profiling technology provides you with the easiest and fastest way to update your proofer or your press profile.
How does Alwan-Caldera Multicolor Proofing System work?
Alwan-Cadera Multicolor Proofing System requires 4 components:
- Alwan ColorHub 6.6+
- Caldera RIP 12+
- Alwan PrintVerifier 6.1+
- Any multicolor proofer supported by Caldera RIP 12+
(Epson SureColor series recommended)
Alwan-Caldera Multicolor Proofing System manual will guide you step-by-step in the installation process:
- Create a proofing setup in Caldera RIP;
- Build a Hydra® profile for proofer and substrate using Alwan PrintVerifier and Alwan ColorHub; and
- Color manage and assess conformance using FOGRA 7-color media wedge using Alwan ColorHub and Alwan PrintVerifier.
Hydra® Profiling chart for conventional and digital 7-color printing processes (875 patches)
What are the benefits of Alwan-Caldera Multicolor Proofing System?
- Easy installation thanks to the supplied step by step guideline.
- Manual or automated proof production thanks to Alwan ColorHub.
- Easy profile updates thanks to Alwan Hydra® Profiling.
- Vendor independent ICC and ISO savvy proofs, and conformance assessments.
- Works for 4, 5, 6 and 7-color proofing.
You want to test the Alwan-Caldera Multicolor Proofing System?
You need more information about Alwan-Caldera Multicolor Proofing System or any assistance?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and an independent review of Alwan’s multicolor technologies (including Alwan ColorHub, Alwan ToolBox, HiFi Option and Hydra® Profiling), please download the Ryerson University Expanded Gamut Study 2019 here.